Cleaning your bathroom fan can be a pain, but it’s not impossible.
Turn off the power to your bathroom fan at the circuit breaker.
There are a few steps you can take to clean your bathroom fan in 5 easy steps:
- Turn off the power to your bathroom fan at the circuit breaker.
- Open the bathroom fan cover and remove the motor assembly.
- Clean all of the dust and debris that has built up on the blades and motor with a vacuum cleaner.
- Rinse all of the dirt, dust, and debris off of the motor assembly and blades with water.
- Reinstall the motor assembly and cover, turn on the power to your bathroom fan, and enjoy fresh air blowing through your bathroom!
Remove the fan blades and clean them with a soft cloth or brush.
There is no one definitive way to clean bathroom fans, as the method you use will depend on the type of fan and the amount of dust or debris on it. However, most fans can be cleaned by removing the blades and cleaning them with a soft cloth or brush.
To remove the blades:
- Locate the screws that hold the blades in place. Most fans have four screws on the front and two screws on the back.
- Remove the screws and carefully remove the blades from the fan.
- If necessary, use a vacuum cleaner to remove any dust or debris from within the fan blades.
- Rinse the blades thoroughly in clean water and dry them with a soft cloth or towel.
- Replace the screws and reattach the blades to the fan frame.
Clean the inside of the housing with a damp cloth.
There are many different ways to clean your bathroom fan, but the most popular and easiest is to clean it with a damp cloth. Here are 5 easy steps to follow:
- Turn off the power to the fan by unplugging it from the wall.
- Remove the screws that hold the blade in place and then remove the blade.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe down all of the parts of the fan, including the blades, motor, and housing. Do not use harsh chemicals or abrasives as they may damage the fan.
- Reattach the blade and screws and turn on the power to the fan.
- Enjoy your newly clean bathroom fan!
Vacuum any dust from the motor housing.
Dust and debris can accumulate on the blades and motor of a bathroom fan, causing it to not work as well as it should. To clean your bathroom fan, follow these five easy steps:
- Remove the screws that hold the blade assembly in place.
- Gently pull the blade assembly out of the motor housing.
- Wash the blades and motor housing in warm, soapy water.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 if necessary.
- Reattach the blade assembly to the motor housing and screw it in place.
Reassemble the fan and turn on the power at the circuit breaker.
If you are looking for a step-by-step guide on how to clean your bathroom fan in 5 easy steps, then keep reading!
- Remove the cover of the fan.
- Remove the blade assembly and the motor by unscrewing them from the shaft.
- Wipe down all of the parts with a dry cloth or a vacuum cleaner. Make sure to get into all of the nooks and crannies.
- Pour a small amount of compressed air into your dustbin and blow it across the blades to clear any debris.
- reinstall the blade assembly, motor and cover and turn on the power at the circuit breaker.