Cleaning up after a renovation can be a daunting task, but with the right tips it can be a breeze. Follow these simple steps and you’ll be on your way to a clean home in no time!
The best way to clean your house after a renovation
The most important part is to choose the right method for the type of dirt, dust, and debris you will be dealing with.
The most common way to clean after a renovation is to use a professional cleaning company. This is the most expensive option, but it is also the most effective.
A professional cleaning company will use the right cleaning chemicals and equipment to clean all the surfaces in your house. They will also clean the carpets and curtains.
Another option is to use a home cleaning kit. This is a good option if you want to clean the general areas of your house but not the carpets or curtains.
Home cleaning kits usually include a vacuum cleaner, mop, bucket, and scrubber. You will need to mix the cleaning solution yourself and scrub the surfaces you want to clean.
The final option is to do it yourself. This is the cheapest option, but it may not be as effective as a professional cleaning.
You will need to use a vacuum cleaner to clean the floors and furniture, a dust mop to clean the hard surfaces, and a scrubber to clean the walls and ceilings.
How to get rid of dust and debris after a renovation
Household dust and debris can be a real nuisance after a renovation.
- Use a vacuum cleaner with a dustbin. Dust and debris will accumulate on the floor and in corners, so it’s important to have a powerful vacuum cleaner with a dustbin. A good option is the Dyson DC07.
- Use a broom and dustpan. This is the classic cleaning method and it works well for smaller areas. Sweep the floor and dust the surfaces with a dustpan.
- Use a vacuum cleaner with a hose attachment. If the renovation involves moving furniture or large items, it’s often necessary to use a vacuum cleaner with a hose attachment. This will allow you to clean difficult-to-reach areas. The best option is the Dyson DC25.
- Use a wet mop. A wet mop is a great tool for cleaning large areas. Wet the mop and wring it out, then use it to clean the floor.
- Use ammonia-based cleaners. Ammonia-based cleaners are effective for cleaning hard surfaces, such as wood and tile.
How to deep clean your house after a renovation
Remove all the furniture and appliances from the room. This will make cleaning it much easier.
Clear all the clutter from around the room. This will make it easier to see any dirt or debris that may have been missed when the furniture and appliances were removed.
Wipe down every surface with a damp cloth.
Use a vacuum cleaner with the hose attachment to clean the floors and walls.
Use a scrub brush to clean the ceilings and walls.
Scrub down all the appliances and furniture with a degreasing cleaner.
Rinse off all the cleaning materials and let the room dry completely.
The best way to keep your house clean during a renovation
Not only will it make your life easier, but it will also help to prevent any damage to your property.
- Start by cleaning up any messes. If there’s any debris on the floor, sweep it up. If there’s any dirt or dust on the walls or furniture, use a clean cloth or a vacuum cleaner to clean it up.
- Make sure all of the windows and doors are closed and locked when you’re cleaning. This will keep any bugs or rodents from entering the house.
- Clear all of the furniture off the floor. This will make it easier to clean and will prevent any dirt or dust from getting on the furniture.
- Clean all of the surfaces in the room. This includes the floor, the walls, the windows, and the furniture. Use a vacuum cleaner, a mop, and a bucket of water to clean everything.
- Wash all of the curtains and bed sheets. This will help to keep the room clean and fresh.
How to clean your house before a renovation
Plan your cleaning days in advance
It’s important to have a plan for cleaning your house before the renovation starts. Make a list of the days you’ll be cleaning, and plan your schedule around that.
This way, you won’t have to waste time searching for cleaning supplies or rushing around your house.
Clean everything before you start
Before you start any renovation work, clean everything in your house – from the floors to the ceilings. This will help eliminate any messes that might happen during the renovation process.
Use eco-friendly cleaners
When you’re cleaning your house, choose eco-friendly cleaners that are safe for your furniture and other delicate objects. These cleaners are also less likely to damage your home’s finishes.
Use a vacuum cleaner and dustpan
When cleaning your floors, use a vacuum cleaner and dustpan to clean up any dirt and debris. This will help reduce the need for cleaning products later on.