If you are considering remodeling your shower, you may be wondering what the true cost of the project will be. Here is a breakdown of what you can expect to pay for different types of showers.
Ways to save money on your shower remodel
There are many ways to save money on your shower remodel.
- Ask your contractor about discounts. Many contractors offer certain discounts for referrals, so be sure to ask.
- Check out online coupon sites. Sites like Groupon and Living Social often offer great deals on showers.
- Compare quotes from multiple contractors. It can be helpful to compare quotes from several different contractors in order to get the best deal on your project.
- Use a home warranty. If you have a home warranty, it may cover some of the cost of your shower remodel.
- Save money by planning ahead. Make a budget and plan your renovation down to the smallest detail so that you don’t have to scramble at the last minute and cut corners.
How to DIY your shower remodel on a budget
Are you thinking about remodeling your shower, but are worried about the cost? Don’t be! In this blog post, we’ll outline some of the basics of shower remodeling on a budget, and show you how to do it without breaking the bank.
When it comes to remodeling your shower, there are a few things you’ll need to consider. Let’s take a look at the cost of materials.
Generally speaking, a basic shower remodel will run between $600 and $1,200. Of course, this price will vary depending on the size and features of your bathroom, so be sure to consult with an expert if you’re unsure.
Next, you’ll need to factor in labor costs. A professional contractor will charge between $200 and $500 per hour for labor-intensive projects like a remodel, so keep that in mind when estimating your total cost.
You can also save money by hiring a subcontractor or doing some of the work yourself. Just be sure to research specific DIY tips for showering before getting started.
Remember to account for taxes and permits. These costs can range from around $50 to $100 per permit, so factor that in as well when tallying up your final bill.
Bottom line: It’s possible to remake your shower on a budget without sacrificing quality or convenience – just be prepared to put in a little elbow grease!
The most popular shower remodel trends
When it comes to remodeling your shower, there are a few popular trends that you’ll want to be aware of.
- Showerheads with rain showers: This is definitely a popular trend right now, and for good reason. A rainfall showerhead spray is incredibly refreshing and can help you wake up in the morning feeling invigorated. Plus, it’s a great way to get some extra exercise if you’re someone who likes to take showers in the morning!
- Customizable showerheads: Another trend that’s been on the rise lately is customizable showerheads. You can pick from a variety of different types of sprays and settings, so you can find one that fits your needs perfectly.
- Shower curtains: If you’re looking for a little extra privacy when taking a shower, a great option is to install shower curtains. They can help keep you somewhat shielded from onlookers, and they add an extra touch of luxury to your bathroom decor.
- Dual head showers: If you have two bathrooms in your home, this is a great option for you. With dual head showers, each one can have its own unique spray setting and temperature. This can save you a lot of time and hassle later on down the line!
- The look of stone: Another popular trend for showers is installing stone tiles or walls as the flooring.
The biggest mistakes people make when remodeling their shower
When it comes to remodeling your shower, there are a few common mistakes that people make. In this article, we’ll explore the top three biggest mistakes people make when remodeling their shower and how to avoid them.
Not Considering the True Cost of Remodeling Your Shower
When it comes to remodeling your shower, the cost of materials and labor can quickly add up. Before starting any project, be sure to calculate the true cost of your desired renovation.
This includes not only the price of materials but also the cost of permits, professional help, and other associated expenses. By doing this upfront, you can make sure that your budget is in line with what you really need and won’t wind up overspending on unnecessary items.
Not Planning Ahead
Another common mistake people make when remodeling their shower is not planning ahead. By taking the time to plan out every step of their project, they can avoid having to scramble at the last minute.
This will ensure that everything goes smoothly and that no pesky surprises pop up. Plus, a well-planned renovation will look more elegant and sophisticated than one that’s rushed – which is always a bonus!
Not Considering Whether or not It’s Worth it
Another common mistake people make when remodeling their shower is not considering whether or not it’s worth it.