Do you have a tub that’s just taking up too much space in your bathroom? Do you want to be able to take a shower without getting out of the tub? If so, there’s a good chance you could benefit from a tub-to-shower remodel. Here’s everything you need to know about this type of project.
Table of Contents
Why you should consider a tub to shower remodel
If you’re thinking about updating your bathroom, why not consider a tub to shower remodel? Not only is this a cost-effective way to update your space, but it can also increase the comfort and efficiency of your daily routine. Here are four reasons you should consider this change:
- It’s an Instant upgrade: A tub to shower conversion isn’t just a simple renovation – it’s an instant upgrade that will make a big difference in the look and feel of your bathroom. Plus, you won’t need to spend hours taking down old wallpaper or cabinets – all you’ll need is some new plumbing and tile!
- More Space for Your Stuff: A tub to shower conversion gives you more space in your bathroom – perfect if you’re looking for more storage options. No longer will there be limited counter space or cabinet space; with a tub to shower conversion, you can easily add extra shelving or even build out a full wall unit!
- Increased Comfort: If upgrading your bathtub isn’t enough reason to go ahead with a tub-to-shower conversion, think about how much more comfortable it will be bathing in one! Not only does this newer design offer greater support than traditional showers, but it also features built-in seats and water jets that help massage away tension headaches and other muscle aches. And who doesn’t love feeling refreshed after a long day?
Things to keep in mind when planning a tub to shower remodel
When planning a tub to shower remodel, there are a few things you should keep in mind. Consider your budget and what you want the finished product to look like.
Think about how much space you have available and what kind of layout you would like. Make sure to choose the right type of tub or shower for your needs.
Be sure to get professional help when renovating your bathroom!
The benefits of a tub to shower remodel
There are many benefits to having a tub to shower remodel. Not only will you save water, but you’ll also enjoy the added convenience of being able to take a relaxing bath in your own home. Here are five reasons why this is such a great option:
- You’ll Save Water: A tub to shower remodel can slash your water usage by up to 70 percent! By replacing your shower with a tub, you won’t have to wait for hot water while taking a bath, and you can save even more by installing an efficient shower head.
- It’s More Convenient: Tubs are great for taking baths because they’re much larger than showers, which means you can easily get wet without having to worry about running out of room. Plus, there’s no need to step over someone else in order to get into the shower – just roll up your mat and step inside!
- You’ll Be More Comfortable: There’s something particularly soothing about soaking in warm water after a long day – especially if it feels like nature is calling! A tub allows you to fully relax while enjoying the peace and quiet of your bathroom environment.
How to choose the right contractor for your tub to shower remodel
There’s no doubt that a tub to shower remodel can be an exciting project. In this blog post, we’ll outline everything you need to know in order to choose the right contractor for your project.
- Get a Quote: The first step is getting a quote from several contractors. This will help you get an idea of what the cost of the project will be and find someone who is affordable and reputable.
- Schedule a Meeting: Once you have received quotes, it is important to schedule a meeting with each contractor in order to get an understanding of their work style and see if they are a good fit for your specific needs. It’s also important to ask any questions that you may have about the project so that there are no surprises during construction.
- Compare Costs: Once you have met with all four contractors, it is important to compare costs and decide which one fits best into your budget. Make sure not to be swayed by low prices alone – always look at quality as well!
The average cost of a tub to shower remodel
When it comes to upgrading your tub and shower, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. Keep reading for an overview of the average cost associated with a tub to shower remodel.
The Cost of a Tub-to-Shower Remodel:
- The cost of materials and labor will vary depending on the size and scope of the project. However, ballpark estimates range from $2,000 – $6,000.
- Installing new tile or porcelain is often more expensive than replacing an old shower pan and drain assembly. Expect prices around $600 – $1,200 per unit installed (not including tile).
- Waterproofing is also an important factor when upgrading your tub/shower combination; expect to pay around $200-$600 for waterproofing services alone.
- Finishing touches (such as towel bars and fixtures) can add another $100-$300 onto the total cost of the project.